Re: [TCLUG:7582] sparc linux cd loan

You can get RedHat 6 for Sparc from www.cheapbytes.com for $4.99 + $1.99
shipping.

And, yes, you can dual boot OSes on a Sparc.  As you probably know from
installing Solaris, at the nvram prompt (the 'Ok' prompt), you can type
'boot cdrom', or 'boot net'.  You can also make aliases to boot from hard
drive partitions, then you could type 'boot sunos' or 'boot linux' at the
prompt.

I think you can also configure silo to dual boot, but I haven't ever tried
it.  It's pretty new, and it may not be working yet in the RedHat distro.