Re: [TCLUG:7601] G2 player rebuffering

> I was up at 9 Saturday morning to listen to the broadcast of my English
> football club's match live. They require the Real G2 player nowadays, and my
> system is an old one struggling with a 28.8 modem connection. However, I'm
> wondering if anyone else has used the G2 player extensively for live
> feeds--when it rebuffers, I have to manually hit the Pause button and then hit
> Play for it to begin streaming again. When it happens, the audio cuts out, the
> status bar tells me that it's rebuffering, and it gets up to 50% where it
> stops...I'm sure it would stay there until my ppp connection timed out. I
> remember using the Windoze version of the player when I was at school on a T1,
> and it never needed intervention when it had to rebuffer.

RealNetworks seems to have some 'issues' with Linux.  Richard Stallman probably
scares them or something ;-)

You may want to try manually tweaking the transport options (I can't really
remember where they're hidden, though).  I've had the most luck with forcing
everything to use unicast and TCP rather than multicast or UDP.

I used to watch ZDTV's Screen Savers program with RealPlayer, but the connection
is usually so bad that I can only stand a few minutes of it..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Shin: A device for
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   finding furniture in