Re: [TCLUG:7620] dynamic dns and ip-down

> I don't know what method you're using to control the dial-on-demand, but
> diald lets you specify an ip-goingdown script as well as ip-up and ip-down.

Unfortantely I use pppd with it new dial-on-demand feature (I found pppd
easier to use and better route setup for ipchains) -- is there an
equivalent feature for pppd?

> Ben Luey said:
> > I want to use justlinux.com's dynamic dns service. I've got the client
> > installed fine and added the connect line into /etc/ppp/ip-up.local
> > (mandrake 6.0 and pppd on dial on demand) and now whenever the link goes
> > up, it sets my ip. Great. The problem is that ppp runs
> > /etc/ppp/ip-down.local *after* it disconnects from the internet, so
> > instead of putting me in disconnect mode and then logining off, it logs
> > off and trys to tell justlinux I'm off and triggeres the link to go up.
> > How canI run a script right before the link it brought down?

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

And they wonder why those of us in our twenties refuse to work an
eighty-hour week just so we can afford to buy their BMWs, and why we aren't
interested in the counterculture that they invented, as if we did not see
them disavow their revolution for a pair of running shoes. But the question
remains: What are we going to do now? How can we repair the damage we
inherited? Fellow graduates, the answer is simple. The answer is . . . the
answer is . . . I don't know.
       -- Commencement address in Reality Bites (1984)