Re: [TCLUG:7646] CD-R

> I have not investigated the "RW" capability of my Memorex yet... So far I
> have only burned CD-R's.  I have no idea how that works under Linux (if it
> does)...  Anyone know?
>
> I presume you burn it like normal; then erase it when you want to re-write
> it...

yup.  they're supposed to have some incredibly high number of reburns
allowed.  here's a script I use to blank the CDRW before re-burning onto it:

#!/bin/bash
# blankcd

# this works but is slow
# blanks entire disk at 2x speed device is scsibus0, target 4, lun 0
#/usr/bin/cdrecord blank=all speed=2 dev=0,4,0

# this should be faster since it only blanks PMA, TOC and pregap.
/usr/bin/cdrecord blank=fast speed=2 dev=0,4,0

--scot