Re: [TCLUG:7646] CD-R

  Hi,

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> Incidentally -- whoever said you could put 'em in the microwave to erase
> them:  try taking a utility knife and scraping away the reflective gold
> layer sometime.  There is no protective coating above it on most CD-R,
> and you can make all sorts of fun Christmas ornaments from them while
> rendering them unreadable!

Well, if my only concern was to erase them, I'd probably just snap them in
half or something, or scrape stuff off. But when you put them in the
microwave you get http://www.yaron.org/newcdhalf.jpg

(or two of those, really (: looks cooler IRL)

> > The only issue I've seen with them is that non-DVD CDR drives won't read
> > the CDRW discs.

My Plextor non-DVD CDR says it can read CDRW. Anyone want to lend me
one?...

-Yaron