PIA & 5.2 compatibility

The $200 PIA from thelinuxstore.com would make a good platform for an
application I have, except that this app requires the kernel that comes with
Redhat 5.2 (with a real-time patch), and won't run on the latest kernel.

I'm wondering if the new board with its built-in video driver will work with
5.2; if it isn't supported in the XFree86 stuff on the 5.2 CD, what are the
chances that I can just update the XFree86 RPM from 6.0? I'm not clear on
the compatibility issues when moving across kernel versions.

Phil Plumbo