easy shutdown

I want (need) to find an easy way to shutdown our linux server in the
event of a power outage. The person who will be doing this does not want
to have to find a piece or paper with long instructions or try to memorize
the 'normal' way when she only has about 5 minutes until the UPS will run
out of juice.

My idea was to create a user who's .bashrc excuted `shutdown now -h` (give
that user the right perms), but for security reasons I want to deny that
account on everything but (intranet) telnet. How can I do this? Is there a
way in /etc/hosts.deny/allow to say user off no to all but telnet?

Is there a way to map a keycode from the terminal to command (so
control-alt-insert executed the shutdown command?).

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

I am thankful for: Jake "The Body" Ventura, a plain-talking breath of fresh
air who will provide no end of inspiration and entertainment for those of us
who don't fall under his actual purview of governance.    -- Joan Ryan