Re: [TCLUG:7739] NT vs Linux (was Re: [TCLUG:7737] )

DISCLAIMER: I know very little about benchmarking and am happy to keep it that
way.

I think a fun thing to do would be to sit down with two identical boxes, one a
pristine Micros~1 Windows NT (SP3) install, the other a <favorite distribution
here> Linux install and have a 'race' of sorts.

That is, one administrator on each machine goes about installing a web server,
FTP server, nice database app, office applications, good graphics manipulation
software, etc. Then each program has to be used in a a rudimentary fashion.
First one to reboot loses. :) That's maybe a little more practical and
real-world.

A nifty message box cyber-legend I've heard:
Windows NT has detected that your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the
changes to take effect.

Cheers,
Joel