Re: [TCLUG:7834] List of Printers

cmoewes@pobox.com wrote:

> I am in the market for a new printer for home home system and am looking for a good
> resource for evaluating what printer I should get that will work best with Linux.
> Any suggestions would be great, I know I have seen them before but I can't seem to
> find them again (bookmark.. hmm what are those for)

A suggestion is difficult without knowing what sort of printing you need
to do.  Myself, I've been a Canon bubble jet guy for the last 5 years,
and it's still going strong.  85% of the quality of a laser printer at a
fraction of the price, and if you're not printing graphics for
professional purposes, it's hard to justify spending more.  Had no
trouble getting it to run under Linux; supported by RedHat's printtool,
and if you use ASP<?> or other magic PS filters, it's not too
troublesome to get working either.  YMMV.