Re: [TCLUG:7834] List of Printers

Personally, I would not recommend canon printers... (at least the 600
series)

My parents had a BJC-600e, and I had a BJC-600; both of them were junk
right after their warranties expired!  ;-)

(one of them will only print 3 of the colors - no black [yes, I have tried
replacing the print head],   One of them works 15% of the time, but most
often locks up and flashes all of the LEDs in a error pattern... )

If anyone wants to take a shot at combining these two broken (but
extremely similar) printers into one that works, let me know.  They are
just taking up space right now, and if you want to pick them up you can
have them. (4 color system, true black, 300x300 dpi color, 100 sheet paper
tray, I believe).

While it worked, it worked very well in Linux...  (but it doesn't do any
good in either OS when it's dead)

Now I have a HP Deskjet 1120C (the highest end retail inkjet HP had at the
time I bought it).  I have been VERY happy with it; however I have to use
a Color Deskjet driver with it (which does not stretch the capabilities of
the printer at all)... I am waiting for the version of GhostScript that
has a native driver for it.. (the 700 series driver is what I am using)

The 1120 has much larger ink cartridges than the other deskjets, has an
accessory bay for a jetdirect card, and has proven very versatile at
printing on just about anything - you should see some of the stuff my wife
crams through that thing.   My only complaint is that its straight ASCII
printing is not the fastest...   We still have not replaced any ink
cartriges though, and it has been well over a year...

(we have even printed out several bulk mailings of wedding announcements,
invetations, etc - so it is getting moderate to heavy use)

Just my $.02...

______         _ __         REAL men use LINUX!!!       Fight Junk Email!
  /           ' )  )                                   http://www.cauce.org
 / o ______    /  / _  . .  http://www.visi.com/~tneu/