Re: [TCLUG:7902] Compiling Kernel Help

I see that you're booting from /dev/hda7.  You might have problem with
that if part of your extended partition is past the 1024 cylinder limit.

If that's not the case, then maybe depmod is not being run by your
rc.sysinit script.  You can try running 'depmod 2.2.5-15mine' and then do
another reboot.