RE: List of Printers

<snip>
> Now I have a HP Deskjet 1120C (the highest end retail inkjet
> HP had at the time I bought it).  I have been VERY happy with it; however
> have to use a Color Deskjet driver with it (which does not stretch the
> capabilities of the printer at all)... I am waiting for the version of
> GhostScript that
> has a native driver for it.. (the 700 series driver is what I
> am using)
<snip>
	This is interesting. Not too long ago I went to the Small
Business Computer Expo and asked the HP reps (not just the sales
droids but the tech rep on site) about Linux drivers for the
DeskJets, and they all denied that such things existed- "but we
are looking into it." What's the deal? Obviously there are drivers,
but do you have to go find them on linux.org/Freshmeat somewhere,
or do most distributions have built-in modules for the HP printers?

Kevin Trainor
Wells Fargo Customer Accounting
"Well if the money talks, why won't it speak to me?"
     -Jason & The Scorchers

All opinions my own, not Wells Fargo's.