Re: [TCLUG:7538] printing (print filter!) problems

Try this :
create a filter like so and put it to a file called
/var/spool/lpd/osas/my-filter

#!/bin/sh
#Remove stair stepping.
awk '{print $0"\r"}'

Then make it executable with
chmod 755 /var/spool/lpd/osas/my-filter

Add this to your /etc/printcap:
---
osas:\
          :sd=/var/spool/lpd/osas:\
          :if=/var/spool/lpd/osas/my-filter:\
          :mx#0:\
          :lp=/dev/lp1:
---
replace /dev/lp1 with wherever your printer is connected to.
Or if you already have the osas entry in the /etc/printcap
file just add the ":if=/var/spool/lpd/osas/my-filter:\"
line.

Remember that the backslash at the end of the line must be
the last character in the line. i.e. no blanks after that ?

Hope this gets you going.

--
sandipan