X fonts

The earlier font question reminded me of something I have been meaning to ask
for a while. I have tried all sorts of fonts in Netscape, in combination with
all three options relating to the use of Dynamic Fonts in the Netscape
preferences.

I have yet to find a proportional font that is readable. Is it just me or does
everyone get miniscule letters on pages like CNN's? This really shouldn't be all
that difficult, but on some pages a 14 point font works, on some it's huge, and
still others it's incredibly small. Anyone have any pointers? I have the
freefonts and sharefonts installed in addition to the defaults. I have also had
varying degrees of success with TrueType fonts (they worked at one point and
don't anymore, some troubleshooting I haven't had time for).

Cheers,
Joel

Joel A. Koepp			School: University of Minnesota
77 Bedford St. SE, Apt. 2	Email:	jkoepp@gustavus.edu
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3553	Web:	http://www.gustavus.edu/~jkoepp
Tel. 612.378.4812		Work:	Hennepin County Environ. Services