Re: [TCLUG:7984] X fonts

schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:

> I'm running xfstt and having pretty good luck with it, but I also have
> a 19" monitor at 1600x1200.

Well, I found the answer to my own question (Google is the best). It turns out
that if you edit /etc/X11/XF8Config, and swap the lines containing 75dpi fonts
and 100dpi, you can make X grab the 100dpi fonts first. Also, adding ':unscaled'
will prevent the ugly blockiness when you make fonts big.

Jon, two questions about xfstt--what port do you direct it at? I have tried 7100
as per the documentation, and also 7101 on some advice I found elsewhere, both
result in a failure to connect. Also, where do you put your fonts, /usr/ttfonts?
If you can post the relevant parts of config files, that would help a bunch.

Cheers,
Joel

Joel A. Koepp			School: University of Minnesota
77 Bedford St. SE, Apt. 2	Email:	jkoepp@gustavus.edu
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3553	Web:	http://www.gustavus.edu/~jkoepp
Tel. 612.378.4812		Work:	Hennepin County Environ. Services