Re: [TCLUG:7984] X fonts

On 28 Aug, Joel A. Koepp wrote:
> Well, I found the answer to my own question (Google is the best). It turns out
> that if you edit /etc/X11/XF8Config, and swap the lines containing 75dpi fonts
> and 100dpi, you can make X grab the 100dpi fonts first. Also, adding ':unscaled'
> will prevent the ugly blockiness when you make fonts big.

I'll have to try that one.

> Jon, two questions about xfstt--what port do you direct it at? I have tried 7100
> as per the documentation, and also 7101 on some advice I found elsewhere, both
> result in a failure to connect. Also, where do you put your fonts, /usr/ttfonts?
> If you can post the relevant parts of config files, that would help a bunch.

I just tacked on FontPath "unix/:7100" to the bottom of the font
configuration part of my XF86Config.  I also made sure that xfstt was
running before I tried to start up X, rc.local is good for that.  As
far as where the fonts are, /usr/ttfonts.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe