Re: [TCLUG:8007] Newbie Telnet Problem Follow-up and Thanks

Bob,
	This might also have something to do with tcpwrappers (man tcpd)
requiring a reverse hostname lookup (or ident) of a client to make a
connection. Have you tried a ftp connection from a client who is not in
the /etc/hosts file? Is the behavior the same? How about connections to
other services listed in /etc/inetd.conf? If they all behave similarly
the problem might be with tcp wrappers or inetd itself. Check it out and
let everybody know what comes of it. Good luck,

Troy