ntfs screw up

Well I went and done it and it does not work.
Before I did it - I could mount -t msdos /dev/sda  /mnt/msdos
and the external scsi drive would mount.
I wanted to mount -t ntfs /dev/sda /mnt/ntfs
Now it will not because I did the following
as per the following:

>NTFS Documentation
>NTFS Documentation: Linux Driver FAQ
>This should help you to help us:)
>How to compile the Linux driver as a module?
>Extract the latest driver sources with
>tar -xvzopf ntfs-yymmdd.tgz
>, then enter the right directory with
>cd ntfs

FIRST PROBLEM NO "linux.mk"

>. Edit linux.mk to fit your desires (NTFS_DEVICE and MOUNT_POINT are
respectively the default NTFS partition and mount point). Then just type
>make linux
>. Now you should have, among the NTFS tools (ntdir, ntdump, ...), the NTFS
module. Copy it as root to your module directory, using something like

>SECOND PROBLEM only have /lib/modules/2.2.5-15/fs

>cp ntfs.o /lib/modules/2.x.yy/fs
>and if you have kerneld, do
>depmod -a
>in order it to find the module next time it will be asked to load it.
>How to mount a NTFS partition?
>If you don't use kerneld, load the NTFS module with
>insmod ntfs
>. Then, type as usually
>mount -t ntfs <your NTFS partition> <your mount point>
>How to enable/disable the debug mode?
>Verify that you have compiled your driver with DEBUG_NTFS=y in linux.mk.
Then just type
>echo "3" > /proc/sys/fs/ntfs-debug
>to enable the logging of full debug information in your system logs, and
>echo "0" > /proc/sys/fs/ntfs-debug
>to disable it. Note that if you use the driver as a module, you can also
set this value at load-time using the ntdebug parameter with a value of 0
to 3.
>How to get the base FILE record number of a file?
>Say that your volume is mounted in /nt and that the full path of the file
is /nt/foo/bar/file, just type:
>ntdir foo/bar --long
>and look at the decimal number just at the left of file. It is always 5
for the root directory.
>How to dump (the stream of the default data file attribute of) a file?
>Say that the file has the base FILE record decimal number x. Simply type:
>ntdump -i x
>, and stop the dump with Control-C.
>How to know my number of cluster per FILE record?
>Just type:
>ntdump -i 7
>, stops the dump with Control-C, and read the byte at the offset 40.
>How to dump the base FILE record of a file?
>Say that the file has the base FILE record number x, and that your number
of cluster per FILE record is y. Compute the decimal product z=x*y, then
type:
>ntdump -i 0 -c z
>, and stop the dump with Control-C.
>How to decode the base FILE record of a file?
>Say that file has the base FILE record decimal number x. Simply type:
>ntdump -i x --mft

Any suggestions as how to fix it without a complete reinstall???

bill koob
wkoob@minn.net