Re: [TCLUG:10604] Webalizer, library error

Send reply to:  	tclug-list@mn-linux.org
From:           	"Allie Micka" <allie@visi.com>
To:             	<tclug-list@mn-linux.org>
Date sent:      	Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:10:19 -0600
Subject:        	Re: [TCLUG:10604] Webalizer, library error

> OK, so I tried this because I meant to get around to it anyway.  I tried it
> seperately with the following gd RPMs installed:
> gd-1.3-5.i386.rpm (from distrobution)
> gd-1.6.3-6.i386.rpm
> gd-1.7.3-1.i386.rpm
>
> I tried the last two because my rpm of webalizer
>  webalizer-1.30.04-4.i386.rpm ) claims that it was rebuilt against gd-1.6.3
> to support .pngs rather than .gifs
>
> I also tried it with the corresponding gd-devel packages installed, but to
> no avail.  I remember from compiling it on another system months back that
> it's pretty clean and really only produces one binary.  But now it's just
> become a mission to install it from a package.

The really strange thing is I have access to three different RH6
servers, one at home and two at work. The one I installed at home I
did so with a CD I made from packages I downloaded. The webalizer rpm
went on and worked -no problems.

My previous messages were related to trying to get it going at work.
I don't remember if I installed those servers with my CD or one from
linuxmall, but on both servers there, the package would not install.
Both machines had gd-1.3-5 installed (according to 'rpm -q gd') as
did the machine at home.

Anyhow, I downloaded the source and did a ./configure on it. Again I
got the same missing library error. From there I downloaded the 'gd-
1.3-5-devel' rpm from rpmfind.net and installed it. Afterwards the
webalizer compiled and ran fine.

Thank-you to those that replied and got me pointed in the right
direction.  :-)

Mike