Recompiling a tulip driver for lrp

I just purchased a linksys LNE100TX - version 2 NIC as a second
ethernet card for one of my PC's. The tulip driver is required for
correct operation in Linux. The drivers that come with RH6 do not
work however.

I was able to recompile the tulip.c file that come with the card ok
and the card appears to be working fine. I now need to recompile this
source for use with the linux-router project - version 2.9.4.

The problem I have is that the tulip.o file I made for RH will not
work with LRP because of the different kernel versions. I started by
downloading the 2.0.36 kernel tarball and placing it in
/usr/src/2.0.36 and making a the following symbolic link...

   linux --> 2.0.36

that link had been pointing to 2.2.5 or whatever came with RH6. I
proceeded to run the compile command that is located near the end of
the tulip.c source file...

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c tulip.c
`[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo -DMODVERSIONS`

This produced about 100 errors - too many to list here. Now that I
look at this again I am thinking it must have something to do with
the following:

[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ]

but I haven't got back to rebooting the system and investigating it -
not that I would have much luck figuring out the problem anyhow. What
am I missing here??? Is there a modversions.h file in the 2.0.36 tree
that I need to point to instead??? It must be obvious to someone!

Also, has anyone tried the new Coyote Linux that was just released???
It is based on LRP and the 2.2.x series kernels I believe. It has a
install/configure script with it that creates your boot disk for you.
I had no luck at all getting it to work for me, but I already know
that the tulip.o file would be no good for me. Again, I would have to
recompile it for the 2.2.3?? kernel that comes with that.

Mike Glaser