Re: [TCLUG:10673] no detect NIC - 6.1 install

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Phil Plumbo wrote:

> I don't know, ^chewie, I'm just basically repeating a process that was
> twice successful on this hardware, i.e., pop in the Mandrake
> installation disk, boot up, and go. Didn't have to load modules then.
> Mostly curious about why it's different this time.

Well, if you're using the same hardware in the same configuration for a
third install, and two out of three worked, then you're doing OK. ;-)
For whatever reason, it doesn't really matter.  You do not need to go
through the hassle of reinstalling simply because it didn't load a
module.  Do the work yourself and learn a little more about how Linux
works.  You'll be glad you did.

^chewie