Re: [TCLUG:10692] StarOffice

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> > Thankfully, there are more powerful machines to run more powerful software
> > now.
>
> 	There's no decent reason for a word processor to crawl on a
> K6-300 with 32mb.  If it were a desktop publishing package designed for
> something like newspapers, books, or magazine layouts, yeah, I could see
> that not being quite beefy enough.  But a word processor?

But StarOffice *isn't* a Word Processor.  It just happens to include the
same functionality of a word processor. StarOffice is one application that
includes the functionality that 5 different applications in Office 2000
do.

For some people, this is of benefit.  For others, it's not.  If you are
looking for a word processor, StarOffice is not for you.  Applix,
Wordperfect, would be good options to check into.

Other then that, the fact is that StarOffice requires more then 32 meg
ram.  And there's probably not a lot that can be done about it.  You'll
just have to sigh :)

-Brent