Re: [TCLUG:10772] ftp access problems

>Well, you've probably all ready confirmed this, but I check my RedHat box
>and that is the behaviour you get if the ftpd isn't installed/running.
>
>Grab the RPM, and install it.  Oh, and don't forget the security updates.
        just installed the latest proftp (1.2pre9); took me a few moments to
figure out what I needed to change in the /etc/proftp.conf file, but it
works now.

btw, what user/group do most people set their ftp daemon to run as? mine's
set to 'nobody' right now; which is the same as SAMBA. not sure i'm comfy
with that, tho since I'm not allowing any anonymous FTP logins i'm probably ok.

Carl Soderstrom