Re: [TCLUG:10777] RE: StarOffice - changed to an anti-anti-NT rant

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Ryberg, Nicholas wrote:
> One thing that the Linux distributions have all seemed to pick up on is the
> requirement for large, multi-disk installation sets.  That makes downloading
> a new distribution or update unthinkable for your average 56K user.

Multi-disk? Many distributions include multiple cd's, but that is because
of the wide variety of applications that they CAN include for free. I have
yet to run into a Linux install where needs a second cd for the base
system install.

Just wondering, have you ever tried downloading a new version of Windows
on a 56k modem?  =)  At least judge the two on a level playing field..

I totally agree with the basic point of your message though. Linux is
_NOT_ for everyone. It makes a great server, and a kickin workstation, but
only if you are willing to learn it.

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700