[fwd] Dr. Who/Linux humor

        another tidbit of Linux humor from alt.humor.best-of-usenet....

Carl
***********
On 17 Nov 1999 23:50:26 GMT, in alt.humor.best-of-usenet Tim Izod
<tim@timizod.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

Subject: Re: Successful de-fenestration.
From: Iain Georgeson <iain@kremlinux.demon.co.uk>
Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux

In article <382DBD26.431887B@virgin.net>, Paul Grayson
<paul.grayson@virgin.net> writes
>My PC is now 100% defenestrated, and better off for it. (Those of you
>who don't know what that means, look it up in a dictionary!).

That would be the New Hackers' Dictionary, presumably. (Notwithstanding
the descending hordes of pedants).

I was reading that august document the other day, and the entry on
'defenestration' caused a disturbing mental image to arise in my mind:

Picture everyone's favourite penguin, rolling on casters unsteadily down
a corridor straight out of the BBC's Spaceship Props department circa
1985. Complete the vision with a plunger stuck to Tux's forehead, and a
BBC Model B's speech synth moaning 'Defenestrate! Defenestrate!".

*shudder*

        Iain KWHBHTL.