Re: [TCLUG:10839] [ot] note trimming.

The series of messages about trimming excess quoted material
is interesting.  I commented about this once (cant remember to whom)
but was told that it was tclug or Linux or whatever convention
to quote everything...

As manager of a mailing list that has been active for 6 years
( cohousing-L ), I was puzzled but decided I would not try to
buck the tide.  But the recent responses seems to indicate that it is not
unanamous position, clearly some Tclug folks don't think quoting forever
makes sense. If an individual on one of my lists so flagrantly
included excessive quoted material with their posts they might get a
polite note from me requesting that they reform.

Therefore I propose that Tclug discuss this (at a meeting?), take a poll
or whatever and come up with a policy.  There is no easy way to enforce
a policy other than peer pressure but that might be helpful.

All the clutter of quoting makes searching for the significant info a
nuisance and I think ultimately degrades the discussion.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  fholson@cohousing.org    Minneapolis,MN   55411
Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin