Laptop network error

I have a laptop that is having some problems with it's networking. I can
start networking up fine and I am able to ping other machines, but
whenever I try to ping my own machinename or start up ypbind I get "No
buffers available". Anyone have any idea what that means? It's
independent of the network card/modules because I tried 2 different
cards and they both have the same problem. I also tried re-installing a
few RPMS with no luck. (portmap, kernel, net-tools) Any ideas?
--
Clay Fandre
cfandre@maddog.mn-linux.org