Re: [TCLUG:11009] To the roof with VA!

I too got the IPO letter because my project was on Source
Forge...well...my soon to be project.  To date, I have only signed up
for an account on Source Forge, but I will be starting an "OpenRP" (Open
Resource Planning).  Ben Kochie and I, because of our recent employment,
have seen a lack of good Linux/UNIX-based manufacturing/remanufacturing
resource planning software.  Parts and material tracking and job costing
are usually featured in Windows-centric software or multi-million dollar
packages.  Most small-time manufacturers simply cannot afford to operate
with those costs, or the unreliability of Windows.  If you're interested
in this type of project, let me know.  I could write more here, but I'll
save that for the OpenRP web page.  I need to talk to Ben to see how we
want to go about starting this.  SourceForge seems a good place to
begin, though, since it IS the reason I got into the IPO...the original
reason I started this message. *grin*

Yes, I know.  You hate me.  All I did was get an account and pose as a
developer and I got in.  Trust me when I say that I had no clue when I
got a new account at SourceForge that I'd have the opportunity to be
part of the IPO, and thus part of a historical landmark on the NASDAC.
Did any of you catch the final sale price?!  $250/share!  Sheesh.

Well, here's to the future of Linux, its developers, it's community, and
the businesses that make a living off it (heh), causing no small amount
of grief to Micro$oft!  *@whee!!*

^chewie, one of those fascist bastards who was lucky enough to be struck
by lightning.

Chad Walstrom                         mailto:chewie@wookimus.net
a.k.a ^chewie, gunnarr               http://wookimus.net/~chewie

   Gnupg: B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD

PGP signature