Re: [TCLUG:10875] Variation on Previous NIC woes

Carl Patten wrote:

> You're welcome!  Now tell us how you did it!

It is rather embarrassing though. Tom V.'s message got bells ringing.  I
though I was having resource conflicts within the Linux install
(resource conflicts among modules).  This must have been the first time
the NIC card was enabled.  I was having IRQ conflicts.  It wasn't until
Tom's post that I actually looked at the address/IRQ of the embedded NIC
card.  I had just enabled it without looking at the actual resource
requirements.  Within the Compaq config utility, you toggle
enable/disable.  Once enabled, you can select it to dive down into the
actual resource settings.  I did not do that at first.  It was one of
those <Doh!> things that you spend two days fighting when if you
actually thought about it, actually only ten minutes to fix.

--
Perry Hoekstra
Consultant

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is
no woman around to hear him... is he still wrong?