Re: [TCLUG:11077] Ideas for an ISA NE2000 nic

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:

|>> Hmm I got 4 artisoft AE-2 cards for free, they work real
|>> swell-like.  Since I got them for free, I imagine that if anyone
|>> sells them they're real cheap.  (mine are oldish, I don't know
|>> if they even sell them in stores anymore.)
|>>
|>Umm, aren't those ArcNet cards?
|>--

Hrm nope 10Mbps ISA ne2000 compatible 16 bit ethernet adaptors.
They don't have any of the ne2k clone quirks either.  Downside
(or upside, as I prefer to see it [can there be downsides to
free stuff anyway?]) is that they are the coax version.  No hubs
for me!

-ryan           be kind.