Re: [TCLUG:11143] Emacs comment folding mode?

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 08:41:08AM -0600, John R. Sheets wrote:
> On Dec 15, 1999, Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com> wrote:
>> I am looking for an emac mode/elisp that will allow comment
>> folding. I remember reading about it but I lost the email.
>>
>> I think it was talked about on the list as well, what I am looking
>> for is a mode where I can "fold" all my comments so I can just
>> concentrate on the code without all the "fluff" getting in the way.
>
> What exactly is comment folding?  Is that just a handful of macros for
> spitting out comment decorations, or is it something more involved?

	Comment folding is causing comments to be temporarily hidden.
Usually there's a little icon or some other marker indicating the
existence of a comment, but the comment itself is not visible unless you
explicitly make it visible.  This is an editor feature and has nothing
to do with processing of source code to produce documentation.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature