Re: [TCLUG:10969] GNOME configuration questions/musings

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> >someclient &
> >anotherclient &
> >exec windowmangler
>
> that's how I set it up right now. how do I choose the wm without
> editing the .xinitrc file each time, tho?

Well, you can do it the other way I suggested, by not exec-ing the wm, or
you can configure each of your other wms to have the option of launching
other wms (FVWM can do this, as can Window Maker).

Me, I just edit ~/.xinitrc each time. :)

> >Random wm-related note: no wm is fast compared to lwm.
>
> but wm2 is pretty close. :) I use that on my Debian box, and am very
> happy with it. :)

Yeah but those side title bars, ugh! :)

-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com