Re: [TCLUG:11143] Emacs comment folding mode?

On Dec 15, 1999, Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com> wrote:
> > What exactly is comment folding?  Is that just a handful of macros for
> > spitting out comment decorations, or is it something more involved?
>
> If I remember right, it hides regions using {{{{... or something like that.

Well, you can do that to blocks of code with C-x $.  So if you wanted
to hide all functions nested more than two levels, you would do this:

  C-u 2 C-x $

Leading to something like

  void do_something ()
  {...
  }

Maybe that's what you're thinking of.  Not sure how it reacts to
comments, but that should be pretty easy to find out.  It probably hides
them exactly the same as the code.

John