Re: [TCLUG:10969] GNOME configuration questions/musings

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> >         I actually like the panel; it's a good tool, and one of the reasons
> > I like GNOME --when it works.
>
> I don't like the two-row task list thing. If you set it to one, then it
> takes too much space.
>
> Oh well, I'm happy with Afterstep. ;)

Don't like two rows? Get rid of them. Get yourself the gnome-core source
(or source packages for Debin/RedHat/Others) and edit
gnome-core-1.0.54/panel/button-widget.c

Right at the top of the file edit the BIG_ICON_SIZE
default is 48, 24 gives something similar in size to the Windows
taskbar.

/*FIXME: make this global, and use it everywhere*/
#define SMALL_ICON_SIZE 20
#define BIG_ICON_SIZE   24

And the results look something like this.
http://www.ringworld.org/~zibby/Screenshots/Longshot-12-14-1999.jpg