Re: [TCLUG:11190] GNOME/KDE/WindowManager Debate

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Zbikowsk wrote:

> Enlightenmet (bloat bloat bloat)
Well well.

Enlightenments d/l is big. But the installed size is just as much as many
other wm's.

The key is enlightenment allows for very pretty graphics and
customissation.

> I've tried all of the above with GNOME, and unless you just bought your
> system recently (faster that a 500) I'd recoment AGNIST Enlightenmet.
> (Though I've heard the newer releases run faster than 0.15)

.16+ run very fast.  .17 is to be even faster.  imlib2 is coming

> I tried blackbox. I kinda like it's simplicty, but I want a
> maximize/minimize button onn my windows.

Um. my copy does :)

current screenshot:
http://teela.ringworld.org/~dieman/screenshots/ramjet-12-10-99.jpg

---
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | The first thing we do,
 http://www.ringworld.org   |  let's kill all the lawyers.
finger me for gnupg/pgp key |   -- Wm. Shakespere, "Henry VI"