Re: [TCLUG:10969] GNOME configuration questions/musings

ryan goldberg wrote:

> Someone said the only thing they like about gnome is the panel.  (I deleted it)
> Well I use sawmill with the gnome panel, but no gnome
>
> panel &
> exec sawmill

If you're using panel, you are running most of GNOME (panel is part of
gnome-core) You're probally also using gnome-libs which is the only
libiary required to run gnome apps. So basically, if the panel is
funning, you're using the GNOME API and the like, and saying that you're
not using GNOME is far from the truth.