Making Bootable CD's from scratch

Hello All,

	Does anyone on this list have any experience creating bootable CD's
from scratch?  By scratch, I mean creating a boot floppy image from scratch
and creating a cdrom image with that boot floppy image?

	I won't bother you all with the intricacies unless someone has done
this before--I'm having a problem where when booting off an IDE cdrom on a
computer with SCSI lilo will do this:
L 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80

	When booting with the same CDROM off an IDE disk the computer will
stop and prompt for insertion of the floppy, and panic when I hit enter.

	Anyone run into either of these problems before?

Jer