RE: [TCLUG:11227] learning perl/python

I've had the best luck following this route:

Buy the best-recommended book you can on a subject and try your hand at
creating three or four basic programs in it.

_Then_ take the step-up-from-beginners class, and go into it both with
questions and enough knowledge of the language to know what type of things
you're going to want to use it for.  Not to mention that the instructors
tend to get better as the level of the class goes up, at least in my
opinion.

Jer