Re: [TCLUG:11279] Hit The Routes!!!

On 18 Dec, Brian Ackermann wrote:
> nate,
>
> exactly, I don't want the multiple routes...I just did:
>
> route del -net 205.218.57.16 netmask 255.255.255.240 eth0
>
> which removed the duplicate.  I still don't know how its getting there, but I
> think I've got the route table I want now, but of course, I've got to arrive at
> a point where it comes up right without my intervention, and I can't yet figure
> out where all the other garbage is coming from...
>
> I have not tried downing thema ll and configuring them manually.  Your
> suggestion implies that I would gain something by doing so, but I'm not sure
> what..Please explain (for my benefit).

What happens when you don't put any static routes in?  I've run dual
network cards for quite some time and it seems that if I add things to
static routes I get in all kinds of trouble.

As soon as someone can tell me how to get pptp to work under Linux I
will have the same problem because I want to route all traffic bound
for work through that interface, so I'm definatly interested in finding
a solution, although it's not quite as urgent for me since no one seems
to know a thing about pptp under Linux.

--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe