Re: [TCLUG:11287] Remote logins...

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Scott Dier - dieman wrote:

> Dude.  The ssh people have to take most of the credit for openssh.  All
> openssh is from my knowledge is that someone hacked out the non-free
> parts, applied patches, and did some decent checking for bounds problems
> and buffer overflows.
>
> So what?

     Heh, well, those non-free parts are gone.  That gets
big points from me.  The fact they did a full security audit
doesn't hurt either.  To me that's a big enough deal to use
openssh over the standard ssh package.  And I never claimed
that the openssh kids wrote ssh or deserved credit for doing
such, I just said it was the better option.

Scott
--
The sweet things don't stick around but the bullshit lasts forever.
 -Nicole Blackman