Re: [TCLUG:11288] 2.0.xx kernels and DHCP

Mike Hicks wrote:

> > > Anyway, I suppose the point is "Try the newest DHCP client you can"
> > > Your network may have a new DHCP server that doesn't properly
> > > communicate with the client you have on that system.
> > >

> > My point exactly. I tried two different machines several times with the
> > same results. Whatever the problem is, it's not because of anything I
> > did.
>
> Well, since we're pretty much agreed that the DHCP client is the
> culprit, why don't you try downloading the newest dhcpcd that works with
> Linux 2.0, and see if that works?

I thought of that but I decided against it because the updated Debian
Package is linked against libc 2.1.2

I also considered building it from source but then I would lose the
benefit of having it installed in .deb format.

Plus I have Red Hat 6.1 running my network on that machine now and I
would hate to have to do all that over again just to find out if it
worked or not.

I will be trying again soon though on a different machine though so I
will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks

--
Dave Erickson