Re: [TCLUG:11341] broken wish on Redhat

"John J. Trammell" wrote:
> > From: "Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom" <carls@agritech.com>
> >         I've not been able to get wish to run in console mode on RedHat.
> {snip}
> I was not aware that wish could run under not-X.  Can anyone confirm
> that it can?

As far as I know, "tclsh" is the (console) interpreter for Tcl and
"wish" is the (X) interpreter for Tcl/Tk. Tk is a graphical toolkit
built on top of X and requires X to run. It should be report the
observed error message when run from the console without the DISPLAY
environment variable set to an accessable Xserver display.

Troy