Re: [TCLUG:11279] Hit The Routes!!!

On 21 Dec, Brian J. Ackermann wrote:
> I feel so VERY close, but still, I wish I had a mentor for this kind of
> thing.  Its terribly slow going learning all on ones own.  Not that I think
> there is a better way, I'll be VERY good at this when I do finally get it
> working, but it is a bit embarrassing how long its taken me to get this
> firewall set up...Not real good for convincing my boss that Linux may be a
> good platform for us to do development on/for....

One of more questions.  Do the server's need routable IPs?  I'd just put
both the servers and workstations on two internal networks with
non-routable IPs and then if some services of the firewall machine were
to run on the servers, just redirect the ports.  That might make things
easier, then you can just follow the example in the NET3 HOWTO.  Assign
192.168.6.0 to the workstations and 192.168.7.0 to the servers and
you're all set.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe