Re: [TCLUG:11573] Clusters was: Re: [TCLUG:11551] Hardware Question

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom said:
>         what sort of clustering technology are you using?

Simple division of labor.  It's not a proper "cluster" at all - one machine
stores data and does text-to-speech, one runs monitoring and notification
programs, and the other two are packed full of telephony boards and just do
line-handling.  (Hopefully, something more robust can be set up when we start
on the *nix version.  But my boss has been in computers forever and is very
set in his ways - we use IP addresses in .ini files instead of DNS (and a
'switch' program that duplicates a subset of DNS functionality when IP
addresses can't be known ahead of time), most of the existing code works
directly in the database instead of reading it to memory, manipulating it,
and putting it back, etc.)

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+