Re: [TCLUG:11633] Ip address timouts

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 12:26:50AM -0600, Scott Dier - dieman wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Dave Erickson wrote:
>
> > Yes well m1 can't seem to support much of anything now can they? It is
>
> m1 was not designed for serving setups.  if m1 said it was ok and
> something broke it could lead to some very nasty libility lawsuits.
>
> Then again. same with DSL. your connectivit is less gauranteed that
> your dialtone.

	In my 3-4 months of having DSL, the only problems I've ever had
were because my ISP is trying to use Cisco equipment that doesn't work
the way Cisco says it's supposed to.  Specifically, their ATM router
doesn't quite handle the 1000's of PVCs required to do DSL for that many
customers.

	I've never had an outage because of the phone company.  If you
can find the right people to talk to there (which can be hard) they're
very helpful.  In fact, they upgraded me from 256 to 512 for free when I
told them that I had initially asked for 512.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature