Re: [TCLUG:11577] Security Concerns:

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> honestly, my dial-up isn't that bad... I usually don't *need* outrageously
> more than 28.8. it's enough for mail, IRC, and news (tho news is a bit
> slower than i'd like sometimes).

     After experiencing the joy of DSL firsthand my 28.8 now
seems like some modern form of chinese water torture.  I
play a lot of UO too, off a free server on a 256k dsl line,
and it would be nice to have a little less lag during peak
hours.

> where in Delano are you? maybe we should carpool to TCLUG meetings and the like.

     I'm about one block east of the movie theater, right in
the colon of town.

Scott
--
The sweet things don't stick around but the bullshit lasts forever.
 -Nicole Blackman