Re: [TCLUG:11577] Security Concerns:

>     I thought I read somewhere a couple years back that
>cable modems were being rolled out in Buffalo.  Was
>interesting to me at the time because I'm stuck in Delano
>for the time being and anything faster than my tempermental
>28.8 (more like 2400) gets my attention.
        well, maybe before they got bought out by Bresnan they were going to
bring cable modems; but I've asked Bresnan a couple of times, and each
person said it would be about a year before cable modems get here. :(

honestly, my dial-up isn't that bad... I usually don't *need* outrageously
more than 28.8. it's enough for mail, IRC, and news (tho news is a bit
slower than i'd like sometimes).

where in Delano are you? maybe we should carpool to TCLUG meetings and the like.

anyone else out this way?

Carl Soderstrom.
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN