Re: [TCLUG:11742] mirror @ cs.umn.edu

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Thomas Veldhouse wrote:

> planning and get the needed connectivity before they sold it.  I can only
> hope that MediaOne eventually cuts Onvoy out of the loop.  It would
> probably fix both companies connectivity problems.

Do you know the capitol equipment costs to do that for mediaone?  there is
not local isp other than onvoy that has the chance to support them in the
future.

Visi might, but they probally wouldn't take em anyhow because of the
bandwidth suckage.  So its either A) deal with onvoy, or b) buy a ton of
stuff and get connections with 3 tier1 providers.

Both are near impossible, because mediaone would be put on "the list"
below onvoy and would only end up with the needed bandwidth later.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | Robots are most often found in server rooms,