Re: [TCLUG:3909] Erasing Linux, going back to Windows

Christopher Palmer wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Michael Hicks wrote:
>
> > I just had another thought..  You could probably disconnect your Linux
> > HD when installing (or do you have another C: drive?  hmm..)  That way,
> > Windows couldn't touch your Linux partitions.  When you're done
> > installing, just re-connect the Linux drive, set up LILO, and be on your
> > way..
>
> Oh yeah, that was definitely my plan -- I'm paranoid. But I was wondering
> if Windows would try to touch Linux even after the installation process.

I don't believe so.  Windows won't recognize the format of the
linux partitions, and will assume they're all unformatted and
ignore them.

However, I would definitely make sure you have a Linux boot disk,
because Windows will very happily tromp over your MBR, once again
assuming that anything it doesn't understand doesn't exist.  Go,
Bill, go!

John