Re: [TCLUG:3871] permission problem

Okay, I think I see it now.  You'll want to export the directory using the
"map_nis" option.  We're not using NIS/NIS+ here, but as I recall,
"map_nis" enables uid/gid mapping similar to "no_root_squash" (kinda).
You'll need to tell it your nis domain:

/home (rw,insecure,map_nis=mynis.domain)  #  Users' home directories

This may not be enough, though.  You may need to tweak your yp.conf to
reflect the changes.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Peter Lukas